Garment Dyed Wardrobe: Sew & Dye
3 Sessions, Mondays, 6-9pm Aug 30th, Sept 13th, and 20th
Level: Beginner to Expert (come one, come all!)
We are so excited to offer this special edition of garment making class as we learn to make a garment and dye it for a truly custom piece. We'll be using an Elizabeth Suzann pattern that includes lots of options for customization. You'll get to choose between a top, tunic, midi dress or maxi dress. We'll learn to select the right size, finish the insides for a professional look, and lots of other sewing skills. On the last day of class, we'll watch our newly finished garments come to life in the dye process and toast to our accomplishments with bevs and snacks! Doesn't that sound fun?! We think so too.
Solid fabric and coordinating cotton thread... we'll work through how to choose the right fabric for the job during our first class.
- Download instructions to the Georgia Series Sewing Pattern by Elizabeth Suzann
- Large format pattern will be printed and ready for tracing at FINCH
- Swedish tracing paper (available at FINCH)
- All basic sewing tools and machines provided in the FINCH classroom
- Dye materials included in the class price
Per CDC guidelines, we do not require face masks for those that have been fully vaccinated from COVID-19. However, if you feel more comfortable continuing to wear a face covering, we fully welcome you to do so. In general, you are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
If you do not meet these requirements, please continue to wear a mask while in attendance of any of our in-person classes. Regardless of vaccination status, we ask that you stay home if you feel unwell.
• Full payment is due upon signing up for a class. If you prefer to pay by cash or check the spot is not held until payment has been made.
• 100% of class fees are refundable or transferable to another class if cancellation is made at least 72 hours before class.
• There is NO REFUND OR TRANSFER OF FUNDS TO ANOTHER CLASS IF UPON CANCELLATION LESS THAN 72 HOURS OF NOTICE IS GIVEN BEFORE THE STARTING DATE OF THE CLASS.
Sorry, I am unable to make exceptions. This ensures that other students waiting for a seat in full classes are not missing learning opportunities due to late cancellations.
• No-shows forfeit any refund or exchange.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
We are lucky to have an amazing teaching staff some of whom love us enough to travel a distance just to be at Finch. This means that our decision to postpone or go forward with classes includes input from various people and locations. Because of this, we will make our final decision to hold or postpone a class about 1 hour or more before class begins. Please stay tuned to Facebook and Instagram for this information.
We will reschedule for any weather related cancellations. We will contact the students within 5 days of the weather event (weather permitting, of course) with a new date and will make every attempt to to accommodate students' schedules. Once the student confirms her spot on the new roster, standard Finch class policies will apply.
Should a student feel she cannot come to a class that is going forward because of extreme conditions in another location, we will make every effort to transfer the student's enrollment to another comparable class. Store credit and refunds will be given at the owner's discretion.
Our first priority is to get everyone to Finch happily and safely, and we know you'll have to make your own decisions about this as well.
On a personal note as the business owner, the winter is difficult to work around for any small business. Once things clear up, don't forget to put on those woolens and support your favorite local businesses. Without you, Finch just isn't Finch!! Remember to stay tuned to Instagram and Facebook, and we'll let you know of any changes as soon as possible